This is Elise and Katie.
We're going to try to use as few words and as many photos as possible to communicate the spirit of that night. But, it's imporant to start with introductions. We had an incredible line up of creative, strong, kind and layered (yes, like an onion) women. And here they are (starting in the top left corner and moving across in rows).
- Emily of Hello Crisp. She provided many of the beatiful items on the table including the glasses and matte black silverware *swoon*.
- Katie of well THIS BLOG. Katie searched high and low across the inter-webs to bring us the vintage embroidered napkins and runner!
- Kristin, a graphic design and all-around babe, designed and produced the menu booklets.
- Emily of MATERIA. She also providing gorgeous styling elements for the evening (like those woven bulls!).
- Devin. As the su chef for the evening, she helped bring to life some of the most boss tacos ever consumed. She also hand painted everyone’s name onto colorful tiles for the table.
- Lindsay. Besides gracing us with the presence of her AMAZING HAIR, she also hand painted adorable pots with succulents and cacti as favors!
- Elise also of THIS BLOG. I was the wardrobe stylist for the evening! Kate and I shot a look book ahead of time with options for guests to wear, then brought the pieces that night.
- Heather of The Scootabaker: chef and bad ass. Heather made hibiscus and strawberry powdered Mexican wedding cookies! A recipe from her grandmother. These as well as the most adorable little pig shaped cookies were also favors.
- Kimberly, a writer moonlighting as a mixologist, brought a drink (ask kate) and read a story from her blog and had us all wiping our eyes from laughing too much, and connecting over the reality of the awkwardness of the human existence. It was great.
- Shirlee of Quiet Lines Design. She spent over two weeks creating a set of dishes just for this dinner. She also brought many of her other porcelain and ceramic goods as decor.
- Sofia: musician, and everything else creative you can think of. For this evening, Sofia kindly played us a few of her own haunting and sweet melodies as we munched on tres leche cake (thanks, Kylie).
- Amy of Hello Honey Flower Co. She was our florist and sunshine for the evening.
- Kate. Oh, Kate. What is there to say? She is our creator. “All that the light touches is yours” - Mufasa. Lol but seriously.
- Kylie of Cooking with Cocktail Rings. Our chef! As always, she brought her soul to us through the delicious and beautiful eats that night.
- Finally, Elli of Elli Lauren Photography. She was our official photographer, and I always love seeing the Dinners through new eyes, but hers were especially perceptive and engaged. It was a pleasure seeing the moments she captured.
- Korena Webber Jewelry. We did have one more guest with us there in spirit (or should I say "in necklaces"). We (The Happy Hunters) collaborated with long time friend and designer Kori to make a collection of necklaces just for the dinner! Everyone got to wear one for the evening and take it home, but she still has styles availble from the collab on her shop! You'll notice many of us have dope necklaces on. Thanks Kori :)
Now on to more eye candy! ANd if you want to join in for Dinner No. 6 you can apply now on Create Dinners! (All photos by Kate, Katie, and Elli).
This is Elise. This is Katie.
*Not Real Hunters*
*But Still Happy*
Based in LA