This is Elise.
We're about to get two things: crafty and trendy. This is one of those #sorrynotsorry moments where I make something trendy. Let's do this.
2. Lay a ruler across the front of the shirt just under the collar.
3. Cut out two strips of cloth from the extra fabric and lay aside.
4. Fold about an inch of the fabric backwards towards the inside of the shirt - at the sleeve, cut a small slit.
5. Measure the elastic around your shoulder and trim. Sew down the folded fabric leaving enough space to thread the elastic through, then thread away! Sew the ends of the elastic together.
6. Fold and sew down the extra fabric at the sleeves. I saw this DIY on Pinterest and NO ONE mentioned this step - the sleeves are really tricky, and this was the best solution I found.
7. Take those extra pieces of fabric. Fold them backwards the same way, sew them down, and trim any extra fabric. Pin them onto the front and back before you few them down and try on the shirt to make sure they line up OK!
Final Photos by Kate!