This is Elise.
Although I'm an extremely picky eater, I weirdly enough love pesto. I guess it's not that crazy of a food, but it's exotic enough for my palette to make me feel oh so fancy when I consume that fine culinary delight. And when I make it.. Top Chef watch out (baby steps, ok, baby steps).
I will toss veggies with pesto then roast them, or with pasta, or spread some on a sandwich! I used this recipe then kept a mason jar of it in my fridge that lasted me many meals over many moons. So I say it's time well spent.
Here it is:
You will need only a small food processor and:
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Tescano or Parmesan-Reggiano cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (about 3 teaspoons)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Add each ingredient to the food processor individually blending them up each time. Basil first, then cheese, garlic, salt and pepper, and finally the olive oil.
It's just that easy, folks. Now if you aren't hungry after going through all that, I sure am so peace out Imma go eat...
Aaaannnndddd presto! Pesto.